Trapped in the Closet?
Wed. February 1, 2006 12:00 AM
by Andy Farriester
No, this will not be some rant about R. Kelly’s hip-hopera “Trapped in the Closet; vol. 1-9” and this will by no means be my own diatribe on “coming out” of the “closet”. In fact, there will be no mention of closet’s at all. Nope. I just wanted to give you all a head’s up that Hallmark’s biggest is right around the corner. Here’s my list of Chicago’s “most” romantic haunts.
1) “The Way to a Man’s Heart is through his..." Learn something new together. We’re blessed to live in such a city that boasts almost as many opportunities to learn something new as it does citizens. You can take a cooking class at The Chopping Block (www.thechoppingblock.net). Classes range in price from $35.00 for Demonstration classes to $75.00 for Hands-on classes.
2) Nothing says romantic like a glass, or for that matter a bottle of good champagne. You know someone’s bound to get some after this date. Head over to Pop’s for Champagne (2934 N. Sheffield 773-427-1000).
3) Having difficulty trying to impress the connoisseur in your life this Valentine’s Day? Surprise that someone special by venturing into the world of premium cognacs and spirits at X/O (3441 N. Halsted 773-348-969). A special four course prix-fixe is in the works for the “special” day.
4) Parlez vous Francais? Indulge the franco-phile you know you wanna be and savor the best crepes in Chicago. La Creperie (2845 N. Clark 773-528-9050). This place has to be on of Chicago’s best kept secrets.
5) For those of you with a padded wallet, North Pond (2610 N. Cannon Dr. 773-477-5845). Talk about extravagant. On Valentine’s Day you will be subject to a multi-course prix-fixe ($95-$145) that is sure to “blow” you away.
Whatever you decide to do on this very special day, I say do it with panache and style. Always remember that you can never say “I love you” too much. Be happy and eat well.
Serving the Chicago gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities. ©Copyright 2019 GoPride Networks. All rights reserved.