What or who inspires and motivates you as a DJ and what makes a good DJ:
• Focus on you, and what you can achieve.
• Try doing things that other DJs and producers aren’t doing to make you stand out from the rest. Trust yourself when it comes to delivering a perfect performance, and don’t be afraid to take risks.
• Work hard to show professional work ethic, staying positive, being a nice person to others, and being happy with who are as a person.
• Be proactive with your career.
• Reach out and make business relationships and friendships.
• Always think about how you can stand out and make yourself known.
• Don’t let people that advantage of you.Top Three All-Time DJ Gigs:
• Sydney Mardi Gras – 2014
• Jubileo LuXXXury Edition B2B with Ben Bakson – Puerto Vallarta 2021
• White Party Bangkok – Main Event 2019Favorite DJs:
Purple Disco Machine and KaskadeThree DJs Who Everyone Should Keep Their Eyes On:
Karsten Sollors soundcloud.com/karstensollors
DJ Charlie B soundcloud.com/djcharlieb1
Johnny I. soundcloud.com/djjohnnyiStaying in Shape:
“Healthy food and a balanced diet are definitely important for staying in shape, especially when traveling. Drink plenty of water, especially when flying, and dedicate time to go to the gym, ride a bike or go for a walk. Take time for you!”Fitness Tips:
• Make sure you dedicate time to your mental health and physical health. I’m motivated mentally and physically when I’m in a good headspace; I find I will push myself more at the gym. You need to find that work/life balance which is not always easy.
• Do research online; there are so many websites that offer advice (for) training.
• Ask friends for recommendations, maybe even get a personal trainer to motivate you to push you to achieve your fitness goals.Favorite Actor:
Ryan Gosling – “He can slide into my DMs any day.”Favorite Sports:
Men’s gymnastics, diving, swimming, and wrestling.Favorite Athlete:
Beach, reading, going to the gym and bike ridingIt’s a Fact:
“I’m doing The SMART Ride in November, my first ride from Miami to Key West, which is a fundraiser to help HIV and AIDS charities in Florida. To donate: https://thesmartride.org/participant-home-page/?tsr_id=6603Little-known Fact:
“I can’t walk on lines or cracks on roads or pavements.”Boxers or Briefs:
“Briefs or swimwear, for sure.”Socially Speaking:Website: DJDanSlater.comMerchandise: DanceNowDanSlater.comFacebook: facebook.com/DJDanSlaterInstagram: instagram.com/danielsl8rSoundCloud: soundcloud.com/danielsl8rSpotify: artists.spotify.com/c/artist/2vPomR7qUAlp61XOVdFmWy/profile/overviewTwitter: twitter.com/danielsl8r
DJ Dan Slater, who was last in Chicago for Northalsted Market Days, returns to Hydrate Nightclub
on Saturday, September 11. Read more about Dan Slater
| View more Dan Slater