Sweet Home Chicago - featuring Denali Foxx and Priyanka
Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles, Chicago’s premier LGBTQ music organization, is excited to present Sweet Home Chicago, a double-feature symphonic band performance at the historic Auditorium Theatre.
Hosted by two fabulous emcees, drag stars Denali Foxx and Priyanka, this thrilling program of celebratory music will enlighten and captivate audiences as we celebrate Chicago and the LGBTQ community just in time for Pride Month! The performance will also include two world premieres of new works by composers Christen Taylor Holmes and Evan Williams, and a spectacular performance by our drag star emcees Denali Foxx and Priyanka. Join us on this ONE NIGHT ONLY event performed by LGBTQ musicians from around the globe. Lakeside Pride is welcoming Pride Bands Alliance members from its family of 38 affiliate bands spread across the United States, Australia, the UK, and Canada to return to Sweet Home Chicago where the organization started 40 years ago!
Sunday, May 29th 2022
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Auditorium Theatre, 50 E Ida B Wells Dr, Chicago
$18.75 general admission
Tickets on sale at lakesidepride.org/
Guests can also upgrade their experience at our exclusive VIP Meet-&-Greet event before the show. Chat and snap some photos with drag stars Denali Foxx and Priyanka up close.
- All patrons must provide either proof of complete vaccination or a negative PCR test result taken with 72 hours of the event. Paper and digital copies are accepted.
- All Lakeside Pride performers are required to prove vaccination status to participate in our ensembles.
- Masks worn over nose and mouth are required at all times in the performance hall.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID or any other communicable illness, please stay home.
- An all-gender restroom is available
- The location is ADA-accessible
- There a flat path from the street to the performance space
- There will not be strobe lights or lasers
- There will not be smoke machines
- There will not be percussion beyond what one would typically expect for this type of event (e.g. no pyrotechnics)
About Lakeside Pride
Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles is Chicago’s premier family of performance groups for members and friends of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community. Home to four major ensembles – Jazz Orchestra, Marching Band, Pops Ensemble, and Symphonic Band – plus over a dozen chamber ensembles, the organization offers a diverse musical experience for both its audience and members.
About Pride Bands Alliance
Pride Bands Alliance is a membership organization of LGBTQ+ community concert and marching bands from cities around the world. Formerly Lesbian and Gay Band Association, we were founded in 1982 as Lesbian and Gay Bands of America when seven independent bands met formally in Chicago. Over the past 40 years, Pride Bands Alliance has grown to include 36 member organizations in the United States, Canada, Australia and England.
Pride Bands remains dedicated to its original goals of promoting LGBTQ+ Music, Visibility and Pride by providing a network of LGBTQ+ community bands at all stages of development, promoting music as a medium of communication among people, improving the quality of artistic and organizational aspects of member bands and stimulating public interest in the unique art form of community band music in our culture.
Location: Auditorium Theatre, 50 E Ida B Wells Dr.