No, this will not be some rant about R. Kelly’s hip-hopera “Trapped in the Closet; vol. 1-9” and this will by no means be my own diatribe on “coming out” of the “closet”. In fact, there will be no mention of closet’s at all. Nope. I just wanted to give you all a head’s up that Hallmark’s biggest is right around the corner. Here’s my list of Chicago’s “most” romantic haunts.
1) “The Way to a Man’s Heart is through his..."
Learn something new together. We’re blessed to live in such a city that boasts almost as many opportunities to learn something new as it does citizens. You can take a cooking class at The Chopping Block (www.thechoppingblock.net). Classes range in price from $35.00 for Demonstration classes to $75.00 for Hands-on classes.
2) Nothing says romantic like a glass, or for that matter a bottle of good champagne. You know someone’s bound to get some after this date. Head over to Pop’s for Champagne (2934 N. Sheffield 773-427-1000).
3) Having difficulty trying to impress the connoisseur in your life this Valentine’s Day? Surprise that someone special by venturing into the world of premium cognacs and spirits at X/O (3441 N. Halsted 773-348-969). A special four course prix-fixe is in the works for the “special” day.
4) Parlez vous Francais? Indulge the franco-phile you know you wanna be and savor the best crepes in Chicago. La Creperie (2845 N. Clark 773-528-9050). This place has to be on of Chicago’s best kept secrets.
5) For those of you with a padded wallet, North Pond (2610 N. Cannon Dr. 773-477-5845). Talk about extravagant. On Valentine’s Day you will be subject to a multi-course prix-fixe ($95-$145) that is sure to “blow” you away.
Whatever you decide to do on this very special day, I say do it with panache and style. Always remember that you can never say “I love you” too much. Be happy and eat well.
ChicagoPride.com picks for Valentine's Day Dining